This two and a half-day retreat is an intensive nature experience including disconnection from technology. Participants will benefit in the following ways:
- A reduction in the detrimental impacts today’s world has on mental and physical well-being
- An assessment of one’s healthy aging profile including mental, physical, and social well-being.
- Discussions of corrective actions and one-on-one coaching to create an individualize action plan.
- Through restorative experiences in nature, gain an immediate reboot in well-being and a jump start on promoting healthy aging.
Who should attend
This retreat is ideal for individuals middle-aged or in early retirement. Participants must be healthy enough to engage in mild to moderate exercise.
This retreat takes place in and around lodging with easy access to the wonders of nature. Participants are responsible for their own lodging expenses at the retreat discount rate. Meals are included in the retreat fee. The retreat will begin at 5 pm on a Friday evening and wrap-up at 2 pm on Sunday. The venue for these retreats changes and will be specified before the next retreat.
Experiences and Activities
- Informal discussions on promoting well-being and healthy aging including:
- How nature promotes well-being and healthy aging including ways to reap the benefits in an urban environment.
- Everyday ways that become routines that promote well-being and healthy aging. These discussions will follow individual assessments so participants can gain insights into actions that will be especially relevant.
- Guided “hands-on” experiences with activities that provide the “antidote” to modern living both through nature and in other settings.
- Healthy Aging Assessment and Optimization: topics to be covered include: brain health, physical capabilities, eating right, emotions and outlook, adaptability, social connectedness and the “whole you.”
- Two Guided Immersion Hikes that take participants to and through unspoiled nature. The hikes are not intended to be vigorous exercises but more opportunities to appreciate the beauty and solitude of nature. Each hike will have an easy or moderate level of exertion version. Both will end at an especially scenic location where hikers will be guided through exercises to enhance the connection with nature.
- Ample time for short, contemplative walks to give individuals time to put the experiences into perspective and to plan subsequent lifestyle changes.
- One-on-one coaching.